Please use the templates and ideas here as you see fit. Call, text, email, Facebook, Evite – use a combination, use them all! Tell them you are a Homes First supporter, partner, volunteer, or donor. Tell them how much they’ll enjoy the breakfast and why it’s important to provide our supports and programs to family, adults with developmental disabilities, Veterans, youth and so many more!
You can edit and personalize them as you wish. You know your network better than we do – share your story and your reasons for being involved. We just want to give you a head start.
Because life is busy and calendars get full, I wanted to send you a quick note asking you to Save the Date for the Home First Heroes for Housing Breakfast on Wednesday, September 11, at 7:45m. The Breakfast will be at the Lacey Campus of the South Puget Sound Community College. I will be hosting a table and I would love for you join me!
I will send more details soon, including information about the networking hour, but if you already know that you can/will join me, send me a quick email so that I can put you on my list. And if you know anyone else I should invite, please let me know.
In the meantime – put September 11 on your calendar!
I love Homes First because it is so important for everyone in our community but especially families/youth/veterans to have a home as they buildbetter futures.
I’m hosting a table at the 2019 Heroes for Housing Breakfast – it’s the main Homes First fundraiser for the year – and I’d really love for you to join me at this event!
The Breakfast will be held on Wednesday, September 11, from 7:45 am to 9am, at the Lacey Campus of South Puget Sound Community College. It’s an inspirational event that will connect you with other people in our community that care about families. There is also some Community Networking time right before and after the Breakfast , and an opportunity to attend another FUN event which I’d be happy to share with you.
The Breakfast is the largest fundraiser for Homes First and helps provide access to vital services for families and youth. There is no cost for me or for any guest to attend, but guests will be asked to make a donation to help children and families have homes. Gifts can be made in monthly installments. My personal goal is to raise $xxx at my table in support of Homes First.
I hope you’ll join me in supporting what I believe is an incredibly valuable organization. I don’t know of any other organization in our area that does what Homes First does for families and others who need real brick and mortar homes.
It should be a great time – please let me know if you can make it so that I can get you registered! You can also register yourself HERE and make it easy on all of us!
- A Homes First tenant will inspire us with a key message on how Homes First has given them not only a home but hope for a better future for them and their children:
- They will share their story of how they came to need a Homes First home and inspire you with their resilience.
- You will hear how having a landlord who treats them with dignity and respect has changed how they view their own value.
- How getting a hand up to a better future has them making plans to improve their lives and aspire to being a part of the community again.
- Join us as our 2019 Real Community Hero Award Recipient, Skip Thompson, shares his thoughts about why he supports Homes First and the work that we do to provide the opportunity for more people to have safe, healthy, and affordable homes forever.
- The Community Networking time is a great place to rub elbows with community and business leaders from all around Thurston and Mason Counties.
- Breakfast guests are invited to attend the Real Community Heroes Celebration and Awards in October at the WA State Governor’s Mansion.
- Catch up with what is happening at Homes First. We’ll share plans, ideas, and insights on how Homes First is continuing to make our community a safer and healthier place for us all to live.
- Free Breakfast! Sort of – there is no cost to attend but a donation to support Homes First’s housing programs will be requested during the program. This is our main fundraiser for the year!
- Homes First has been partnering with multiple agencies to support tenants in our community for almost 30 years.
- Homes First is a local organization, started by community members in Thurston County and continues to serve our community.
- Homes First’s board and staff are actively working to increase our impact in our community, with a focus on equity, partnership, and reaching the most vulnerable families.
- Invite friends, old and new, and take the opportunity to catch up or build new relationships.
- Heroes for Housing is a worthy excuse to get out of the office for an hour or two. An early morning breakfast isn’t always easy, but it is an excellent cause and just once a year.
- Breakfast is plain and simple but there will be plenty of stories about adorable children and their families thriving in life.
Share these posts on your networks! You can pair them with your own photos, or link directly to the event page at www.HomesFirst.org/heroes
- Help me support the members of our community who are struggling to find a home by attending the Homes First Heroes for Housing Breakfast! Join me at the Lacey Campus of South Puget Sound Community College on Wednesday, September 11 for a wonderful breakfast, great company and the opportunity to raise funds for real brick and mortar homes. Register Today!
- I am so excited to attend the 2019 Heroes for Housing Breakfast on Wednesday, September 11. Would you like to join me at my table? Homes First works hard all year to ensure the success of our community members who need affordable rental homes and this is our opportunity to give back to the organization and have a real impact on the availability of homes.
- What are you doing Wednesday, September 11? You could be at the Homes First Heroes for Housing Breakfast with me! Join me and other local philanthropists to learn about and support the work being done in our community.
- Looking for ways to develop as a leader and to support the community? Please join my table at Homes First Heroes for Housing Breakfast on September 11, 2019. Learn more here: https://homesfirst.org/heroes/
Homes First will email a confirmation to all of your registered guests. However, we recommend that you keep in contact with your guests up until the Breakfast on September 11, 2019. Copy, edit and use any of the suggested text.
- Email Reminder: August 14
Thanks much for joining me at the Heroes for Housing Breakfast on September 11. It’s coming up in about 4 weeks and you are registered to sit at my table. The Networking time starts at 6:45 am; the seated breakfast program begins at 8:00am! It will be great to see you there! See you soon!
- 1 Week Before
Hello, I can’t wait to see you next Wednesday (September 11) at the Heroes for Housing Breakfast. You should have received the registration confirmation from Homes First with important information on parking, directions, the breakfast program, and menu.
This is the annual fundraising event for Homes First, and in addition to having a great time, we are attending this event to support Homes First. So please bring your checkbook or credit card and your giving spirit. During the Breakfast we will be asked to fill out the giving card and make a donation, so hold off with writing the check until you come to the Breakfast!
My personal goal is to raise $XXX at my table and I hope you will consider a gift that will help me reach that goal. Gifts can be made in monthly installments, so consider supporting Homes First all year long! If you have a company or employer match for charitable contributions, please bring your company’s matching form with you! That way, a gift of $300 can turn into a $600 or $900 gift!
Please don’t hesitate to call me with any questions about the Breakfast. I will see you there!
PS: If for some reason, you cannot join me for lunch next Wednesday, please let me know right away, as your seat is reserved. You can still make a donation to demonstrate your support for Homes First and how much it means to our community. Simply click on this link (www.homesfirst.org/donate) to make your online donation or send a check to Homes First, 5203 Lacey Blvd. SE, Ste. A, Lacey, WA 98503
Phone or text:
Hi! Thought I’d call/text you really quick before Wednesday’s Breakfast and see if you have everything you need. It’s at theLacey Campus of the South Puget Sound Community College and starts at 8am – but come a little early to network! Let me know if you need directions or have any other questions! When you get there, you’ll get your nametag with our table number. Looking forward to seeing you on Wednesday. My mobile number is xxx, in case you need to reach me between now and Wednesday.
- Day Before:
Hello everyone – Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow. I haven’t heard from anyone that you are not able to attend – excited to see everyone! Name tags are on the table before you go inside the room. The table number is printed on the name tag. If you have any questions – please get in touch. See you soon!
Gifts in lieu of attendance are an important part of helping us reach our goal. Please ask anyone in your network who can’t make it to the Breakfast to make a gift in lieu of attendance.
I invite you to join me in spirit at the Breakfast with a gift in lieu of attendance. The Breakfast is the biggest fundraiser for Homes First and raises funds so that Homes First can serve over 250 households each year.
There are three easy ways you can make a gift today:
- Send your check to me (payable to Homes First) and I can take it to the Breakfast, or
- Send your check (payable to Homes First) to Homes First, 5203 Lacey Blvd SE, Ste.A, Lacey WA 98503. Put “H4H2019/ My Name” so they know to count it toward my breakfast goal.
- Make a gift online at www.homesfirst.org/donate– Put ‘H4H2019/My Name’ in the comment field so that your gift gets counted with my table.
I support Homes First because there is no other resource like it in our community for supporting families and young children to have healthy, thriving lives. I want to make sure that all families, especially the most vulnerable, receive the support they need to build brighter futures and strong communities.
Please consider making a gift in lieu of attendance to Homes First– Thanks!
HAVE A QUESTION?
Contact Homes First’s Event Coordinator:
Watch this video from a past Heroes for Housing Breakfast and hear the stories of the impact a HOME Give Hope to so many.