Director of Operations
Can you be hands-on one moment and strategic the next? Do you have a deep appreciation for the challenge of providing affordable rental housing in Thurston and Mason Counties? If you want a position that allows you to make a significant impact in your community, have an opportunity to grow, and work with great people, then this could be the role for you.
Homes First is committed to growth, with a mission to create and maintain safe, healthy, and affordable rental homes for those who need them most. The Director of Operations will bring their Nonprofit and Housing experience, Operations Management skills, and Human Resources expertise to support a growing organization, all while advancing Homes First mission and vision.
This is a key leadership role, reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, participating as a member of the senior leadership team, and supervising a team of four to five employees.
As Director of Operations, you will straddle two roles integral to the organization’s day-to-day operations as well as its long-term growth capabilities and efficiency. In the Operations Management role, you will be a subject matter expert on the various Nonprofit and Affordable Housing funding sources and programs. In the Human Resources role, you’ll oversee and develop the staff of the organization, including staffing plans, hiring, onboarding, training, and coaching. The ideal candidate will have experience in nonprofit operations, affordable housing, and Human Resources, however, we will consider candidates with experience in one area only.
- Provide oversight and guidance for staff on the various affordable housing funding sources and programs with which Homes First works.
- Provide strategic leadership in Operations Management related to local, state and federal laws and regulations governing subsidized housing.
- As the Human Resources expert for Homes First , implement HR programs/practices in support of Homes First growth goals and mission.
- At least 2 years in affordable housing development and/or property management, required, OR
- At least 2 years in HR Operations, required with hands on team leadership and supervision
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in nonprofit leadership, preferred
- BS/ BA degree in Nonprofit, Organizational, and/or Business Leadership/Management.
- Strong communication skills with ability to interact with the board, public officials, funding agencies, community partners, and people of various socio-economic backgrounds.
- Proven experience in budget development and monitoring, personnel management, fiscal management and public relations.
- Experience and passion for implementing high-quality, value-added, pro-active HR strategies and programs.
How to Apply
External applications are being accepted immediately until 5pm on Friday, January 17, 2020.
The intended start date is February 10, 2020 (or sooner). Position is vacant until filled so apply early.
Apply online at https://smrtr.io/3K4cQ or send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com addressing your qualifications as they relate to this position (we actually read these letters, as they are a good indicator of your interest and abilities in this position, so please don’t skip this step!).
All inquiries are completely confidential. We look forward to hearing from you.
Homes First is an equal opportunity employer committed to work force diversity and supporting opportunities for staff personal growth.
Homes First is committed to diversity in the workplace, and promotes equal employment opportunities for all staff members and applicants. The Agency will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, or the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability in any employment practice, unless based on a bona fide occupational qualification. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.