It’s the Homes First Fundraiser!
The Heroes for Housing Breakfast raises a significant amount of funds to support our programs and households throughout the year. It’s also a fun event and a great time to get together and support Homes First.
As a table hero, you fill your table with friends and family. Guests and table captains do not buy a ticket or pay to attend the Breakfast event. Please make a gift yourself and let everyone know it’s a fundraiser. Homes First will do the asking!
The most important thing you can do to encourage giving is to let your guests know how their gift will help and that you also support Homes First.
Heroes for Housing Goals
Homes First’s goal is to raise more than $85,000 at the Heroes for Housing Breakfast on September 11, 2019 in support of our programs, services, and community efforts.
Homes First also seeks event sponsorship to cover the event costs so more of each dollar raised goes to directly support Homes First programs and services.
Fundraising Ideas for Table Heroes
Think about how much you would like to raise at your table, set a goal, and then invite your friends to help you reach that goal.
- Set a fundraising goal for your table and inform your guests of your goal. This can really help encourage giving.
- Some table captains may choose to generously match any guest who gives at a certain level – if you are willing to do this, please make sure your guests know that you will be matching any gift at or above that level, doubling their impact!
Setting a Goal
Setting a goal for your table (ex. you and your guests can aim to raise $5,000 to help bring more affordable rental homes to our community now and forever) is a great way to get people excited about giving and making a greater impact together. Let your guests know your table goal!
Other Giving Incentives & Ideas
Monthly or semi-annual payment options are available. It’s all on the giving card and easy to let us know that you want your $300 pledge at the Breakfast to be made through a $25 monthly payment.
- Become a monthly donor! Monthly donors provide the stability Homes First needs to help our community members throughout the year.
- Ask your guests if they have an employer matching gift form they can use to double their gift. Boeing, Microsoft, Starbucks, and many others will match all gifts to Homes First.
- Create a ‘virtual table’ with your out-of-town friends. Ask friends who can’t attend to join your virtual table by giving a gift in support of your favorite organization – Homes First! There will be a live stream and an opportunity to give online.
HAVE A QUESTION?
Contact Homes First’s Event Coordinator:
Watch this video from a past Heroes for Housing Breakfast and hear the stories of the impact a HOME Give Hope to so many.