Celebration Donation, an innovative way to honor, thank, and remember people you care about while helping low-income families and individuals in our community.
Use a Celebration Donation to commemorate the holidays or recognize birthdays, milestones, and special achievements. It is also a gracious expression of gratitude, or a meaningful memorial for someone who has cared deeply about homes for all – regardless of income.
Your gift will make an important difference in the lives of the under-served in our community and be truly appreciated.
When to Use Celebration Donations
- House Warming!
- Birthdays/New Baby Welcome
- “Thank you!”
- Christmas or Chanukah gifts
- Community Honors
- Mother’s Day/Father’s Day
- Bar/Bat Mitzvah
- Speedy Recovery
- or any time you’d like to support Homes First
Celebration Donation FAQs
How will my honoree(s) know about the gift?
In addition to the formal acknowledgment letter sent to the donor, Homes First will also send an personal, hand-written note to your honorees and/or their family to inform them of your thoughtfulness in their honor.
Is there a minimum amount to donate?
While every contribution to Homes First is welcome and valued, we encourage a minimum Celebration Donation of at least $25 or more to cover administrative expenses with enough remaining to help our programs. Naturally, the more generous your gift, the greater impact it will have on the services we provide to high-need and homeless families in Thurston & Mason Counties.
Will anyone know how much I donated?
All contributions to Homes First are considered private and kept in confidence. When notifying your honorees of your generous gesture, we will include the amount of your Celebration Donation only upon your request.
What Will My Celebration Donation Provide?
- $10 buys one new energy efficient LED light bulb to save energy consumption in our properties
- $15 pays for 2 handbooks for new tenants to help navigate the low-income house system
- $25 allows Homes First to host an orientation meeting for new tenants
- $35 covers the screening fee for an apartment application
- $40 repairs a broken faucet in a home for developmentally disabled adults
- $50 purchases lunch items for volunteer maintenance workers for a month
- $100 helps Homes First pay for 1 month of our property management software subscription
- $350 funds a professional training program for Homes First staff
- $500 provides paint & repairs for one property ‘turn-over’
- $1,000 buys one month of repairs and maintenance at one property
- $2,500 pays 12 months of grounds maintenance at one property
- $10,000 can help us leverage funds to purchase a new property